Today's (Good) Free App of the Day comes from a tip from one of our earliest smartappsforkids.com readers who, true story, sent me a note to say that my reviews were so good and detailed that she assumed I was a woman.
I was secure enough in myself to take that as a compliment. Thanks Maureen!
Today we've got A Monster Ate My Homework, an excellent puzzler that makes kids use their brains as much as their fingers.
The app has been downloaded over two million times and does include in-app purchases but you can unlock all of the same things by succeeding at the game.
Here is the iTunes description, although I'm not sure what "give those sneaky pests a good hiding" means.
As featured by Apple as 'New & Noteworthy' and 'What's Hot'
Monsters have stolen your homework and now it's payback time! Full of Monster-thumping carnage, it's your job to not only get your homework back but also give those sneaky pests a good hiding. Swipe, throw and knock the stuffing out of them but be warned, they won't make it easy for you.
This awesome 3D physics puzzle shooter is as bonkers as it sounds.
- 105 unique levels designed to test even the brightest player.
- Full 3D environment allowing you to rotate around the monster nest and destroy them from all angles.
- Play in portrait or landscape
- Game Center for leaderboards, achievements and friends' scores.
If you would like to download A Monster Ate My Homework please support smartappsforkids.com by using the links provided. Thanks for your support!
* Rather than just post a list with links we're going to find one free app each day, make sure it's worth downloading, and post the info.
Here are the rules:
1) The app has to have some substance as free. In other words, it can't be a few seconds of play and then require an in-app purchase.
2) My kids or I have to like it.
3) It can't have ads all over it.