Here is one of the reasons crazy-app world is so fun: Just 10 days ago I posted about an awesome free app called Educreations Interactive Whiteboard. It's a terrific free app that allows you (or your child or students) to create, save, and share whiteboard presentations. Great stuff.
Now, 10 days later, I've found an app that does essentially the same thing, also for FREE, but with more features! Get your download fingers ready!
Among other things, ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard has more colors and an in-app library of shared videos, called Discover ShowMes, which includes everything from "prepositions" to "first order kinetics." I prefer ShowMe's shared in-app library to Educreations, which shared through their web site.
ShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. It’s a radically intuitive app that anyone will find extremely easy to use, regardless of age or background.
To see examples of smart, entertaining, fun, and inspirational ShowMe’s that other people have made, check out ShowMe.com.
INTUITIVE AND POWERFUL
- Begin recording your ShowMe as soon as you open the app—no need to navigate complicated menus
- Drop images from your photo library to write over or around
- Easily switch between drawing and erasing (as well as pausing and playing) to make your ShowMe flow from concept to concept
- You can make your ShowMe as long or as short as it needs to be, and record as many ShowMe’s as you want. Go nuts!
- Once you’re finished recording, upload your ShowMe to share with the community (or keep it private if you prefer)
- Discover awesome tutorials created by the community at ShowMe.com
A VARIETY OF USES
- Easily explain a range of topics from math to chemistry to music theory to basket weaving.
- Add ShowMe’s to your Do-It-Yourself blog
- Attach a personal message to any travel photos you want to share
- Diagram offensive and defensive strategies for sports
- Grade student work with commentary explaining the reasoning behind their performance
- Use ShowMe as an interactive whiteboard substitute
Implement a “flipped classroom”
- Showcase your ShowMe’s online at ShowMe.com and share your knowledge with your students, friends, family, or the world!
If you would like to download Educreations Interactive Whiteboard please support smartappsforkids.com by using the links provided. Thanks for your support!
* Rather than just post a list with links we're going to find one free app each day, make sure it's worth downloading, and post the info.
Here are the rules:
1) The app has to have some substance as free. In other words, it can't be a few seconds of play and then require an in-app purchase.
2) My kids or I have to like it.
3) It can't have ads all over it.