Today we're featuring an app that was recently selected one of the Best Apps for Children - End of the Year Edition by the New York Times! Through the use of interactive play, the app brings 18 active words to life as the Noodle Bugs demonstrate word meanings with some highly-animated antics.
More info from the developer on Noodle Words:
- In addition to recognition by the New York Times, the app won a KAPi (Kids at Interactive Play) award from Children's Technology review.
- Noodle Words skillfully wraps the learning of verbs, which are difficult to teach, inside a playful experience by having two cute bugs act out the word meaning.
- Kids can progress through all 18 words by tapping the box or they can tap the "ALL" button and be presented with a picker screen full of words where each word can be individually tapped.
- Children have a variety of ways to interact with the bugs and words. To interact with the bugs, the child just taps on the bugs. Observant users will notice that different animations can be invoked by tapping different areas of the bugs. To interact with the words, the child can tap or tap-and-hold or drag-around to see various word animations and watch how bugs react to the words etc.
- Noodle Words has a built-in Tips for Parents page that helps to reveal a few "secret" features and some non-obvious plays.
• Word Toy, with 18 playful words
• Expressive Words
• Invites Play
• Word Learning
• Highly Animated
• Dynamic Interaction
• Appealing Animated Characters
• Simple and Elegant
• Rich Multi-Touch Interface
• Tips for Parents
• Innovative Tutorial
• Designed in Partnership with Children
- For more information: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NoodleWorks
If you would like to purchase Noodle Words, please use the links provided. The cost is the same, but Smart Apps receives a small percentage. Thanks for your support!