As sometimes happens, trying this free app makes me realize I need to go through a lot of apps we've rated and lower their ratings. Scribble Press allows kids to combine their own writing and artwork (or clip art or imported images) into a book and even includes some "starter books," which work sort of like Mad Libs, to help inspire them.
It also has a shared library of books written by other children (they can share their own as well with parental consent) and could easily be used by a parent/educator to create social stories. Including adult help for younger kids, the age range for this app is substantial. There are no ads or in-apps, although completed books can be purchased as real, printed books.
This one is a must-have for your iPad and it's FREE...and it would be a must-have even if it wasn't free.
If you would like to download Sribble Press please support smartappsforkids.com by using the links provided. Thanks for your support!
Scribble Press for iPad is a book creation platform that allows kids to imagine, create and share their own stories with great drawing and writing tools. Download your books instantly to your iBooks library! Scribble Press for iPad makes it easy to create an ebook – either write your own or use one of over 50 story templates. How about “My Babysitter is a Zombie” or “The Dog Ate my Homework”? From serious to seriously fun, you can make a book about any topic and instantly publish to the gallery or share with friends anywhere in the world.
Scribble Press is dedicated to inspiring and empowering all kids to create and share their stories. Scribble Press for iPad takes the fun of doodles and imagining and turns it into the satisfaction of creating a finished story.
Scribble Press for iPad includes:
- 50 story templates
- over 500 drawing tools, including markers and stamps in a vast array of colors
- a unique sticker collection
- your own photo library
- an easy and fun to use book layout tool
- shopping cart so you can order printed copies of your book and other cool stuff
- sharing tools that make it easy to show the world – or just your family and friends – your great creation PLUS, you can use Scribble Press for iPad to read books created by other kids, from all around the world!
* Rather than just post a list with links we're going to find one free app each day, make sure it's worth downloading, and post the info.
Here are the rules:
1) The app has to have some substance as free. In other words, it can't be a few seconds of play and then require an in-app purchase.
2) My kids or I have to like it.
3) It can't have ads all over it.