Today's Good Free App of the Day is good, simple, and customizable. The app names a letter and the child has to find and press on it. You can change just about everything in the app: the voice, the images, etc. so you can help your child learn their ABCs by using your voice and their own favorite items!
No in-apps, no ads and it works on both iPad and iPhone!
There are three peculiar things about ABC Alphabet Phonics, however. First, I don't hear any phonics anywhere, although they could certainly be customized in. Second, I don't see a full non-free version, which is usually the case when there is a lite version. Third, the iTunes description refers to the app as "Photo Touch" and lists some items and images that don't appear applicable. Hmmm...
These curiosities aside, I highly recommend you take a look. There is a lot here to work with.
Photo Touch is an exciting educational game that helps your child rapidly learn the ABC by sight, sound, and touch. The interface is so easy to use that even a nine-month old baby will delight in using this app. Ideal for ages 0 to 6.
* Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in Mommy's or Daddy's voice
* Add your own items - take pictures of your child's favorite items to make the game more fun and personal
* Learn by sight, sound, and touch
* Uses crisp illustrations that are carefully hand picked and selected vs. cartoonish illustrations
* Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
* Dynamic game play adjust difficulty (the number of objects per page) automatically to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
* Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and touch the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by slowly repeating the desired question).
* Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and written words
* Don't like some of the existing items...no problem, just delete any item your kids does not enjoy
* Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
If you would like to download ABC Alphabet Phonics please support smartappsforkids.com by using the links provided. Thanks for your support!
* Rather than just post a list with links we're going to find one free app each day, make sure it's worth downloading, and post the info.
Here are the rules:
1) The app has to have some substance as free. In other words, it can't be a few seconds of play and then require an in-app purchase.
2) My kids or I have to like it.
3) It can't have ads all over it.