I've been watching this app move up the free educational rankings quickly since it's release on Jan. 19. It's an absolutely terrific app at any reasonable cost, much less free.
It might be the best and deepest free education app out there...but there is one catch.
You have to sign up for an account (it's free too and only take a few seconds) and then after one year of use they want you to pay $6.99 for a yearly subscription. You don't have to give a credit card or anything when you start and the subscription isn't hard-sold at all in the app, so it's very non-intrusive. Apparently, after a year of use, something will pop up and say "you need to pay for your subscription." But, when that happens, you can just touch "cancel" having enjoyed a great app for a year for free!
Unless of course, you want to pay for the subscription, and then, by all means, you should do so. It's a very interesting marketing strategy the developers are taking here but it works out really well in your favor either way.
If you would like to download Playful Minds - Math please support smartappsforkids.com by using the links provided. Thanks for your support!
** PLEASE NOTE ** A reader sent me a message stating that the avatar creator for girls has some issues that may make parents uncomfortable and I agree with her assessment. (I only tried the boy avatar creator because, well, I'm a boy.) Please check it out before allowing your child to play the app.
Discover Playful Minds: Math (5-8 years old), one of the first applications on the App Store based on the official US and UK academic programs. Designed with teachers, this application, unique to the platform, perfectly combines in-depth learning and fun.
Playful Minds: Math (5-8 years old) is a fun and appealing educational application that provides your child with a gradual and in-depth understanding of math. Your child will enjoy learning and progressing freely through the math program.
A GENUINE AND EFFICIENT LEARNING TOOL
• A complete review of the US and UK math programs for ages 5 to 8.
• More than 300 exercises covering 5 different categories: Algebra, Geometry, Data Analysis, Measurement and Numbers & Operations.
• The difficulty of the drills is adaptable to ensure a smooth and steady learning curve.
YOUR CHILD WILL WANT TO LEARN AND PROGRESS ON HIS OR HER OWN
• All directions and explanations are both displayed on-screen and voiced to guarantee easy comprehension.
• Exercises are designed to never be discouraging as all mistakes are explained. This guarantees targeted lessons for your child.
• Follow your child’s progress thanks to complete score charts in all categories.
COME TO THE ISLAND WHERE LEARNING IS FUN!
• Your child will create his or her own personalized avatar that will journey to a tropical island full of animated animal professors.
• Fun and enjoyable rewards will motivate your child to continue along the journey.
• Bonus 3D exercises offer a whole new dimension to lessons for even more fun.
A SAFE & SECURE MULTIPLAYER MODE FOR DEEPER LEARNING
• Select up to 5 of your child’s friends to play with online and improve social and communication skills.
• Playing with friends or with you allows your child to benefit from a sense of challenge, boosting confidence and encouraging progress.
• Various mini-games cover the 5 categories of the program.
* Rather than just post a list with links we're going to find one free app each day, make sure it's worth downloading, and post the info.
Here are the rules:
1) The app has to have some substance as free. In other words, it can't be a few seconds of play and then require an in-app purchase.
2) My kids or I have to like it.
3) It can't have ads all over it.