Although our main focus is kids' apps, I want to do my part to make this a special day for all our awesome Mom-fans, so here is my virtual bouquet of 12 hand-picked FREE apps that should you download just for you.
1) Pandora Radio - Create your own radio station that combines your favorite artists of today with your favorites from the past. I listed to my Journey channel almost every day.
2) TED - Inspirational talks about education, life, self-improvement and just about everything else, including several adults-only discussions. Many people consider this to be the best free app available.
3) WebMD - All Moms have been in medical situations with children, spouse, parents, relatives, or friends where we thought "Wait, what the heck is going on here?" WebMD can help.
4) Flipboard - Create your own e-zine with topics that only you choose, from top news to best chicken recipes. Instead of having to look at 10 different web pages for the info your want, Flipboard presents it all in one vibrant place. You can even have your Facebook and Twitter feeds presented in magazine format.
5) iTunes U - No. 1 among free downloads almost every day since it was released, iTunes U provides continuing education opportunities, in video and audio form, for just about every educational topic you have an interest in. Supported by many major universities and expanding exponentially.
6) How Stuff Works - Based on the hit TV series, with info and videos on all sorts of fascinating topics such as "can women really endure pain better than men?"
7) Where's My Water Free - One of my family's favorites. Help Swampy the alligator, who is different from all the other alligators because basic cleanliness is important to him, take a shower.
8) Educreations Interactive Whiteboard - Our most popular featured free app, Edureations allows you to create, record and narrate your own whiteboard presentations on any topic, including showing your family just how much work you do around the house.
9) Kingdom Rush - This is my personal favorite app and I've shared it with several people, including several Moms, who really enjoy it. Relieve some stress by setting up attack towers to crush the incoming hordes of goblins, trolls and even a yeti named J.T. This game has an amazing sense of humor: One of the heroes who can call into the game to help your side is an "ice sorceress" who says "ice ice baby" when she freezes people.
10) Khan Education - Continue and expand your education with videos on topics ranging from U.S. history to the "Economics of a Cupcake Factory."