Today's Good Free App of the Day comes from long-time sponsor @Reks, who have made their Memory Game: Addition app FREE for a "very limited time."
Download this app for free and find out how dinosaurs jumping off a bridge can help your kids learn math!
** Please note ** Only the app's developer can control when an app is free or not. All apps that we post as Good Free Apps of the Day are verified to be free at the time of this post. We make no guarantees otherwise. **
Today's Memory Game: Addition is designed to encourage higher level thinking and reasoning in a fun, and friendly atmosphere.
* great tool for helping children add two numbers accurately and quickly
* single-player mode (practice)
* two-player mode (play with a friend)
* iComputer mode (play against the computer)
* three levels
* number of cards: 6, 12, 18
* X-Ray the cards to memorize their position
* audio and visual prompt to encourage taking turns
* child-friendly interactive interface with appealing visual and audio effects
* timing and scoring tracked and reported
* optional tapping game as a reward
Children of all ages and abilities can benefit using this application. The underlying teaching methodology for this application is to help children with addition as required in today’s elementary school curriculum. You may choose the number of cards to play. Cards are chosen randomly. The task is to find matching pairs of cards: one with a mathematical expression and the other with its appropriate sum. Success may be rewarded with a quick fun game. Apart from the application’s significant contribution in helping children add two numbers accurately and quickly, Memory Game: Addition is also a great tool for developing cognitive skills such as:
The game offers three levels of difficulty:
* addition of two one-digit numbers (8 + 5),
* addition of one-digit and two-digit numbers (27 + 6),
* addition of two two-digit numbers with sum under 100 (45 + 53).
If you would like to download Memory Game: Addition (iPad/iPhone, FREE for a limited time!) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using this button to go straight to the app store.
Every day we pick what we call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share so, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 40 Favorite Free Apps. (We've eliminated apps that were only free for a limited period of time.)
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
8) Play 123
9) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
11) The Lorax
14) Draw Something (Pictionary online!)
15) Hide Run Growl
16) NASA App HD
18) Khan Academy
20) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
21 Scribble Press (make an ebook!)
23) Math Bingo Games
24) Monkey Drum
26) PBS Kids Video
29) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
30) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine)
32) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
33) I Can Write 2
36) ABC Alphabet Phonics '
37) Art Maker
38) Little Finder
39) Goodnight Safari
40) Lego Duplo Jams
41) iTunes U
45) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
46) Math Vs. Zombies
49) Jingle All The Way (Christmas app)