I read Deanne's recently-posted Top 10 Free Apps For ASD Kids like this:
Got that. Got that one. Done. Check. So obvious. C'mon, I've got all these!
Wait...what is Rocket Speller?
To make sure you have the best of the best in free apps, please support Smart Apps For Kids and use our download link! (FREE, iPhone/iPad):
No ads or in-app purchases! External links are all secured in parent section.
It turns out Deanne had a TERRIFIC free app on her list that Ron had never tried before! If you, too, have missed this great app, you are in good company. But it's not too late! Get it today and check out all the wonderful features--for FREE! The app has no in-app purchases or ads.
Rocket Speller is a fun and engaging spelling app for 3-7 year olds. Educators, occupational therapists, special education teachers, and parents agree that kids are engaged and learning with this app.
* Libby Curran (2012 People Magazine Teacher of the Year) on iKidApps - "If you are looking for an app that will help your children learn their ABCs and improve their spelling, and that is as entertaining as it is educational, try Rocket Speller."
*Smart Apps for Kids - "a TERRIFIC free app…"
*Best Apps For Kids - "This is one of the best free educational apps I have found that is not only a great value, but provides tons of fun."
*The iPhone Mom - "Rocket Speller helps develop and strengthen spelling and fine motor skills in young children, it is packed full of educational value in a fun environment …"
*Kids App Reviews - "You won’t be disappointed with this high quality app …"
Kids join Zip the alien on an out-of-this-world spelling adventure to build a fancy new rocket. Now with 5 levels of difficulty, kids spell words to fuel his spaceship and help him choose the rocket pieces he needs. Once they have built their custom rocket ship, kids steer it through space to collect stars in an entertaining mini-game.
1: 3-6 letter words. Place letters in any order. Audible and visual hints.
2: 3-10 letter words. Order required. Audible and visual hints.
3: 3-4 letter words. Order required. Audible hints. Adaptive assistance.
4: 5-6 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
5: 7-10 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
“What are audible hints?”
Players can touch a letter to hear its name or sound.
“What are visual hints?”
In the early levels (1 & 2), players see where specific letters should be placed.
“What is Adaptive Assistance?”
Smart technology that recognizes when a player is struggling and assistance is provided.
- Learn to spell words in a way that is fun, interactive and promotes self-initiated skill progression
- Develop awareness of how letters combine to form words
- Develop awareness of left to right order
- Promote letter recognition
- Reinforce knowledge of letter names
- Enhance vocabulary
- Kid-friendly interface
- Balances skill development with play, making learning fun
- 5 levels of difficulty engage children at different stages of development
- 140 simple and complex words to enhance vocabulary
- Words are different every time you play
- Choose upper or lower-case letters
- Hundreds of possible rocket combinations
- Interactive alien (touch Zip on the spelling pages and see what he does!)
- High quality production standards
* Note: words are pronounced with a North American accent.
PRIVACY AND EXTERNAL LINKS
We believe it’s important to inform you about the app you are downloading. This app:
- contains a secured (triple-tap required) Parents/Educators section with a few links retained for your convenience.
- tracks usage data using a highly-reputable service called Flurry Analytics. All data is aggregated and completely anonymous. Understanding how the app is used helps us to improve and refine the user experience. If you would like additional information, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. You may opt-out by visiting www.flurry.com/resources/privacy.html.
- Has NO push notifications
- Has NO in-app purchases
- Has NO third party ads
- Has NO social media links
Little Big Thinkers is a member of Parents with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.