Today's GFAOTD is a really cute and unusually deep app for preschoolers/kindergartners. Learning Games for Preschool to Kindergarten, featuring Icky and Olly, covers math, alphabet, fruits, shapes, colors, counting and animals.
The app tracks how the child does and increases the difficulty based on their progress. It also has a parent dashboard that indicates, to a great deal of specificity, what the child is getting right and wrong.
Agnitus touch-enabled ‘smart’ learning games for the iPad take a brand new approach to playtime learning! As your child learns, Agnitus recognizes your child’s strengths and challenges, gently increasing familiarity for your child, through ‘learning-to-learn’ and providing alternative activities adapted to meet your child’s needs.
We know children are naturally creative. Children learn through play, and by seeing, touching, hearing, and doing. Enjoying learning, prepares your child for ready-entry into preschool and structured learning environments. Proven techniques are provided here, to help build basic skills that eventually prepare your child to learn reading, writing and arithmetic. Parents interested in detailed reports on your child’s progress in these remarkable games, can receive and share Skill Reports via email.
Early Childhood Development (ECD) criteria: learn – explore – anticipate – memorize - spatial cognition – emotional development.
Ideal ages for this playtime game: 2 - 5 years
- No advertisers in this app. No ads or solicitations.
- No additional purchases in the app - just play and enjoy.
- Playtime levels ‘smartly’ advance, adapting to your child’s learning needs.
- Parental Dashboard and Skill Reports follow & detail your child’s achievements.
- More than one child can be registered to play and learn.
Meet Icky and Olly! They’re playtime friends who have fun adventures here in the land of Agnitus learning! Icky (who has a sweet little laugh) will help your child recognize colors, fruits, and animals! Icky’s sidekick, Olly, shows your child how to learn and play with shapes and numbers! Here is what we play and learn:
Colors: We love colors, yes we do! Learning how to find each hue!
Shapes: Find the shapes and count them too! Stepping stones in front of you!
Fruits: Yummy says Icky! Oranges, cherries, blueberries – learning to notice them! Limes, pears and watermelon – all green - Can you tell them apart?
Animals: Elephants, tigers, monkeys and more, now you see them, now you don’t! Was that a snake, a hippo or a frog?
Numbers: Beginning numbers - we count, it’s true! As part of learning our colors for you!
Letters: We begin with letters a bit at a time, building skill sets as we climb!
At Agnitus, we are committed to seeing that all children have the opportunity to realize their potential. Our innovative playtime products combine leading research and curricula developed by educators, and built with state-of-the-art ‘smart’ app technology.
If you would like to download Agnitus (iPad, FREE for a limited time) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using these link buttons:
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share so, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 75 Favorite Free Apps!
We've done our best to only include apps that are permanently free, but sometimes developers do change their minds so please leave a comment if you find an app that's no longer free.
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
6) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
10) The Lorax
11) Play 123
13) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
14) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
18) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
20) Draw Something (Pictionary online! Older kid only)
21) NASA App HD
22 Khan Academy
25) Math Bingo Games
26) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
30) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
31) PBS Kids Video (all their favorites)
32) Scribble Press (make an book!)
33) ShowMe (virtual whiteboard app)
34) Goodnight Safari (baby animals!)
36) Rocket Speller
37) Toca Kitchen Monsters (all kids need Toca Boca)
38) Brain Quest (from the people that make those card thingees)
39) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
40) Art Maker
41) Little Finder
42) Lego Duplo Jams
43) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
44) Bluster! (McGraw-Hill)
45) Monkey Drum
46) Let's Color
47) Touch the Sound
49) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine)
51) Articulation Station (lite version)
51) iTunes U (go to college on your iOS device)
53) Sock Puppets
54) Toontastic (we rated five stars)
55) 6-in-1 Children's Games (lite version)
57) BrainPop Featured Movie (No. 1 on our Editor's Choice list)
60) The Elephant's Bath
61) Screen Chomp
62) Math Vs. Zombies
64) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life)
65) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
66) Clockwork Brain
68) DialSafe Pro (we gave five stars)
69) Google Earth
71) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
72) Domino's Pizza Hero (U.S. only)
75) Mini Mining