First, it's a sticker book without any real stickers, which is good for me because my Lily (5) stealthily places real stickers all over our house and her body.
Second, the subject is things and people that have to do with emergency care, such as policeman, fireman and doctors/nurses. The more acquainted kids are with these types of people, the better, and this app gives parents and teachers a great opportunity to talk about, play and create stories around what happens in emergency situations.
Also, it's really well done, including more than 100 hand-designed stickers; it's available for the iPad and iPhone/iPod and it's FREE!
** Please note ** Only the app's developer can control when an app is free or not. All apps that we post as Good Free Apps of the Day are verified to be free at the time of this post. We make no guarantees otherwise. **
Buildo Rescue Sticker Book ***Emergency & Rescue Services: Police, Fire Brigade, Sea Rescue and Hospital. A sticker book app for kids***
*Top 1 in education category in the Swedish app store*
Imagination and creativity are the greatest gifts our children have. ‘Buildo Rescue’ features 103 hand designed, full-color stickers themed around the Emergency & Rescue Services. There are boats, police cars, ambulances, helicopters, jet skis, scuba divers, doctors, nurses and loads more to choose between! Simply drag a sticker into one of four panoramic soundscapes and watch as an imaginary world comes to life!
‘Buildo Rescue’ is a simple and very cool ‘drag and drop’ app that engages children’s natural sense of creativity. It’s a lot of fun to play and aims to start children thinking about creative storytelling. Studies have shown that children who are able to create or make sense of narratives at an early age have a greater connection to knowledge and greater potential for self-expression.
- 4 unique scenes with Police, Fire Brigade, Sea Rescue & Hospital themes
- 103 colorful stickers including boats, police cars, ambulances, helicopters, jet skis, scuba divers, doctors and lots, lots more.
- Scrollable panoramic backgrounds with interactive soundscapes
- Every sticker can be scaled, rotated and flipped for unlimited creative possibilities
- ‘Moms & Dads Zone’ with tips for further creative learning
- 'Made for kids' menus.
We’re Jajdo and we’re passionate about designing apps that offer a new generation of learners the tools to fulfill their creative potential. We believe that creativity is as important a skill for learners today as literacy. A sense of curiosity and limitless imagination comes naturally to children. Perhaps if they learn to use it, they won’t loose it.
If you would like to download Buildo Rescue Sticker Book (FREE/iPad, iPhone) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using this link button:
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share so, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 65 Favorite Free Apps!
We've done our best to only include apps that are permanently free, but sometimes developers do change their minds so please leave a comment if you find an app that's no longer free.
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
8) Play 123
10) The Lorax
11) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
13) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
15) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
16) Draw Something (Pictionary online!)
17) NASA App HD
18) Khan Academy
21) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
23) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
24) Math Bingo Games
26) Scribble Press (make an ebook!)
29) PBS Kids Video
30) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
31) Rocket Speller
32) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
33) Goodnight Safari
36) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
38) Monkey Drum
39) Art Maker
41) Little Finder
42) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine)
43) Lego Duplo Jams
45) Brain Quest
47) iTunes U (go to college on your iOS device)
48) Articulation Station (lite version)
52) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life)
54) Screen Chomp
55) Sock Puppets
56) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
57) DialSafe Pro (must download! teach kids emergency dialing)
58) Math Vs. Zombies
59) Google Earth
61) Domino's Pizza Hero (U.S. only)
62) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
63) Toontastic (we rated five stars)
64) Clockwork Brain