The topic here is road/vehicle safety and the app includes a safety pledge, including always buckle your seatbelt!, a board game and coloring pages.
One of the questions to answer is "what should you watch for when riding a bike on the sidewalk?" The correct answer is "cars pulling out of driveways," of course, but one of the wrong answers is "spiders." I'm know that cars is the correct answer, but I think we all, always, need to be on the lookout for spiders.
** Please note ** Only the app's developer can control when an app is free or not. All apps that we post as Good Free Apps of the Day are verified to be free at the time of this post. We make no guarantees otherwise. **
'Think Safe, Ride Safe, Be Safe!' is a new public service program that aims to provide child transportation safety guidance to families with young children. The program is brought to you by The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and Ludorum, the producers of the Chuggington™ television series.
Understanding that young children learn best when engaged, Chuggington and NHTSA have partnered to create compelling traffic safety content that delivers important lessons to kids preschool-aged to 3rd grade, all hosted by the ‘trainees’ of Chuggington - Wilson, Koko and Brewster! Lessons focus on four main areas: pedestrian, bus, bike and car seat safety.
'Chuggington: Be Safe!' app includes an interactive Chuggington traffic safety pledge, a traffic safety game, coloring activity and more. To unlock all of these app features, the user must first become a Safety Trainee by completing the interactive traffic safety pledge!
If you would like to download Chuggington - Be Safe! (FREE for a limited time for the iPad & iPhone ) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using this link button:
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share so, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 65 Favorite Free Apps!
We've done our best to only include apps that are permanently free, but sometimes developers do change their minds so please leave a comment if you find an app that's no longer free.
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
8) Play 123
10) The Lorax
11) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
13) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
15) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
16) Draw Something (Pictionary online!)
17) NASA App HD
18) Khan Academy
21) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
23) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
24) Math Bingo Games
26) Scribble Press (make an ebook!)
29) PBS Kids Video
30) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
31) Rocket Speller
32) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
33) Goodnight Safari
36) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
38) Monkey Drum
39) Art Maker
41) Little Finder
42) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine)
43) Lego Duplo Jams
45) Brain Quest
47) iTunes U (go to college on your iOS device)
48) Articulation Station (lite version)
52) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life)
54) Screen Chomp
55) Sock Puppets
56) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
57) DialSafe Pro (must download! teach kids emergency dialing)
58) Math Vs. Zombies
59) Google Earth
61) Domino's Pizza Hero (U.S. only)
62) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
63) Toontastic (we rated five stars)
64) Clockwork Brain