"GFAOTD: Drat! (Not a suggestion, choose this or you're bonkers)"
"Normally $4.99; just noticed that this app from iStorytime is now free. Not sure how long for. Gorgeous illustrations - faithfully reproduced from a best-selling book together with really lovely sound effects make this app more of an experience than a book."
"Join Professor Twostone and his dog Albert as they search in different locations for the elusive Hullabaloo. Find the mistakes on the page and Albert will take pictures of them. Check out the 'How it works' page before starting. Really well done."
Well, I certainly don't want people to think I'm any more bonkers than they already do, so...
** Please note ** Only the app's developer can control when an app is free or not. All apps that we post as Good Free Apps of the Day are verified to be free at the time of this post. We make no guarantees otherwise. **
Drat! Something’s not right here! The bestselling book by Barbara Scholz takes you to a hilariously whimsical world full of absurdities and mistake - and you are to find them in this confoundedly tricky interactive spot-the-mistake-app for clever kids!
Professor Twostone and his dog Albert undertake an exciting expedition to find the Hullabaloo, a rare and very shy animal. Up to now, no one has been able to take a photo of the Hullabaloo. Will these two manage it? Tag along with the two of them and help Albert take photos of all the mistakes!
Wonderful ambient sounds transport you into the crazy world of “Drat!” and help make the search even more exciting. Animation suited to the theme heightens the enjoyment level and a cheating function is there to help you, if you really get stuck.
- Cheating function: if you can´t find all the mistakes straight away the cheating function will help you
- You will be rewarded with funny sounds when you find a mistake - to ensure you stay motivated
- 80 mistakes, tons of sounds, lots of fun!
If you would like to download Kids Drat! (FREE/iPad) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using this link button:
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share so, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 65 Favorite Free Apps!
We've done our best to only include apps that are permanently free, but sometimes developers do change their minds so please leave a comment if you find an app that's no longer free.
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
8) Play 123
10) The Lorax
11) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
13) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
15) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
16) Draw Something (Pictionary online!)
17) NASA App HD
18) Khan Academy
21) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
23) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
24) Math Bingo Games
26) Scribble Press (make an ebook!)
29) PBS Kids Video
30) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
31) Rocket Speller
32) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
33) Goodnight Safari
36) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
38) Monkey Drum
39) Art Maker
41) Little Finder
42) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine)
43) Lego Duplo Jams
45) Brain Quest
47) iTunes U (go to college on your iOS device)
48) Articulation Station (lite version)
52) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life)
54) Screen Chomp
55) Sock Puppets
56) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
57) DialSafe Pro (must download! teach kids emergency dialing)
58) Math Vs. Zombies
59) Google Earth
61) Domino's Pizza Hero (U.S. only)
62) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
63) Toontastic (we rated five stars)
64) Clockwork Brain