Trying something a bit different today as developer eduPad has lowered the price of five of its iTooch apps to FREE until June 27! These are very comprehensive testing apps that range in price from $17.99 to $5.99 and cover subjects including math, language arts and science.
We haven't reviewed any of the iTooch apps, but at first glance they could be very helpful to a parent/teacher looking to test where a child stands in terms of their grade-level or as some focused one-on-one work.
I've added FIVE download links below: Grade 3, age 8-9 (regularly $11.99), Grade 4, age 9-10 ($11.99), Grade 5, age 10-11 ($17.99), Grade 5 math ($5.99) and Grade 5 English ($5.99).
From iTunes (Grade 3 app):
FREE until June 27th!
iTooch Grade 3 is intended for schools and districts: it is eligible to both Apple's VPP and Educational Institutions discount.
With more than 4,500 exercises, iTooch Grade 3 is, by far, the largest collection of educational activities based on the US National Common Core Standards on the App Store. It covers Math, Language Arts and Science curricula for Grade 3.
iTooch apps have been adopted by more than 150,000 students around the world, who enjoy this new and fun way of practicing and learning their lessons on the iPad.
iTooch is a full learning solution which helps parents, teachers and students to identify and address their learning needs in a fun and motivating way.
What teachers have said:
✭✭✭✭✭ I just downloaded your iTooch Grade 5 Math and English apps. Wow. They are amazing. I have been using the iPad for over a year in my class and I have to say that this is one if the best apps I have seen in a long time.
✭✭✭✭✭ A terrific app that covers a lot of ground concept-wise. This app combines a no-frills approach to content while still providing the user with an exciting learning experience. The mascot is adorable and keeps kids on task with lots of encouragement and there is a lesson summary available when needed.
The application contains:
- Three titles: Math, Language Arts, and Sciences,
- Between 40 and 60 chapters per title with lessons, examples, and figures,
- Between 1,500 and 2,000 questions per title with clues, detailed explanations and images which make it by far the most comprehensive educative tool on the App Store for students in Grade 3.
Children can follow the author-recommended course progression or they can select the chapters of their choice. There are two modes for answering questions: practice and test. The clear, concise lessons are accessible at any point by tapping on the iTooch mascot.
The students’ progress by taking a quick look at the home screen.
Special features of all iTooch apps:
- Tight integration with the Apple Game Center with more than 35 unique achievements to unlock. Shared leaderboards enables players to compete with their friends and the rest of the world.
- Badges and belts are awarded upon reaching certain levels and completing themes, thus creating an even more gratifying gaming experience.
- An integrated calculator
- A blackboard that enables players to draw drafts, figures, computations
- In-app feedback: teachers and parents can send direct feedback to the authors so that we can fine-tune an exercise, enrich the content and/or add a new exercise.
Stay tuned! Tons of new titles and features based on your feedback are on their way!
iTooch apps are published by eduPad (www.eduPad.com).
eduPad partners with Two Degrees to help feeding hungry children across the world. For each bar you buy, a nutritional pack is sent to a hungry chid.
If you would like to purchase iTooch Grade 3, ages 8-9 (Free for the iPad) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using this link button:
Grade 4, age 9-10
Grade 5, age 10-11
Grade 5 math ($5.99)
and Grade 5 English ($5.99)
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share so, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 100 Favorite Free Apps!
We've done our best to only include apps that are permanently free, but sometimes developers do change their minds so please leave a comment if you find an app that's no longer free.
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
6) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
10) The Lorax
11) Play 123
13) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
14) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
18) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
20) Draw Something (Pictionary online! Older kid only)
21) NASA App HD
22) Khan Academy
25) Math Bingo Games
26) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
30) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
31) PBS Kids Video (all their favorites)
32) Scribble Press (make an book!)
33) ShowMe (virtual whiteboard app)
34) Goodnight Safari (baby animals!)
36) Rocket Speller
37) Toca Kitchen Monsters (all kids need Toca Boca)
38) Brain Quest (from the people that make those card thingees)
39) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
40) Art Maker
41) Little Finder
42) Lego Duplo Jams
43) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
44) Bluster! (McGraw-Hill)
45) Monkey Drum
46) Let's Color
47) Touch the Sound
49) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine)
50) Spy Mouse
51) Articulation Station (lite version)
53) Toontastic (we rated five stars)
55) iTunes U (go to college on your iOS device)
56) Sock Puppets
57) BrainPop Featured Movie (No. 1 on our Editor's Choice list)
59) 6-in-1 Children's Games (lite version)
62) Math Vs. Zombies
65) Screen Chomp
66) Clockwork Brain
67) DialSafe Pro (we gave five stars)
69) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
70) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life)
71) Google Earth
73) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
75) Domino's Pizza Hero (U.S. only)
76) Jingle All the Way (Christmas app)
78) Mini Mining
79) How Stuff Works (older kids that have had "the talk" only)
81) AppStar Picks
84) Astrid & Siri
88) IQ Test - Free Edition (older kids and parents only)
91) Nova Elements
92) JibJab Jr. Books
93) WebMD (for parents and teachers)
94) Christmas Eve
95) Pandora Radio (parents need to control)
98) Bejeweled Blitz
100) TED - Riveting Talks By Remarkable People (for parents and teachers)