Today's Good Free App of the Day is an app for anyone who wants to sit down and prepare their child for a trip to see fireworks or, depending on where you live, to just be home on certain days. It's especially timely for those who will be celebrating July 4th as I will tomorrow, although the app doesn't seem to cover overeating.
It does, however, allow for total customization so you can add your own photos and text to create whatever social stories you think might benefit your children or students (whether they have to do with fireworks or not.)
Social story apps are almost always labeled as "for special needs children" and while I certainly agree with that, they have potential uses for all children.
** Only the app's developer can control when an app is free or not. All apps that we post as Good Free Apps of the Day are verified to be free at the time of this post. We make no guarantees otherwise. **
i See-quence… Fireworks is an application providing a photo social story for individuals that need support in understanding the process of watching fireworks. Twelve icons with real picture images are used to illustrate the sequence of events. Text statements can be individualized for each picture allowing the app to be used for a variety of purposes, including receptive identification and expressive labeling. Personal photos can be added by the user with a camera ready Apple device or imported from the user’s photo album.
Typically developing young children participating in watching fireworks for the first time and individuals with developmental delays, such as PDD-NOS and autism will benefit from this interactive application. Parents, teachers, SLP’s and other support professionals will appreciate the user friendly design.
-Multi-user capability (NEW!)
-Twelve pre-made icons provide a sequential order of events
for a fireworks occasion.
-Real-life photos of an event with fireworks provide detailed illustrations.
-Ability to add addition photo album books from templates or blank
-Audio may be added by the user for each step.
-Storyline can be personalized for the individual user
-Changes to the information are easily made in the settings section.
-Display order of the icons can be selected by the user.
-All icons may be replaced with personalized photos.
-Completion of each task can be indicated by the use of a checkmark feature.
APPS AVAILABLE ON ITUNES BY i GET IT!
"IDENTIFICATION SERIES" APPS
All About Me Storybook
i Get... My Family Photo Album Books
i Get... People at School Photo Album Books
i Get... My Classmates Photo Album Books
i Get... People in My Community and Community Helper Photo Album Books
ALL ABOVE IDENTIFICATION APPS OFFER VISUAL, AUDIO AND TEXT SUPPORT FOR TEACHING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
"i SEE-QUENCE SERIES" APPS
i See-quence... Going to the Beach
i See-quence... Going to Birthday Parties
i See-quence... Going to Fireworks
i See-quence... Going to the Grocery Store
i See-quence... Going to the Playground
i See-quence... Going to a Restaurant
i See-quence... My Schedules at Home
i See-quence... My Schedules at School
i See-quence... My Daily Schedule, Recall My Day and Learn Calendar Concepts
i See-quence... Christmas
i See-quence... Easter
i See-quence... St. Patrick's Day
i See-quence... Valentine's Day
ALL ABOVE i SEE-QUENCE SERIES APPS OFFER VISUAL, AUDIO AND TEXT SUPPORT FOR TEACHING SOCIAL SKILLS.
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR APP IDEAS: www.igetitapps.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/igetitapps
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/iGetItApps
PIN US ON PINTEREST: http://pinterest.com/igetitapps/
i Get It! is dedicated to developing educational applications that can be utilized by diverse populations. From the "i Get..." series to the "i See-quence..." collection, each app is designed for all ages with real photo images for contextual support, personalized text options for visual support and recordable audio capabilities for auditory support. The apps are designed with photo templates attached, however, the user may easily modify the samples or create their own pages to customize the app for their student/child's individual learning needs.
AT i GET IT!, OUR GOAL IS TO TEACH SKILLS ONE APP AT A TIME.
If you would like to download i See-quence...Fireworks Social Story App (FREE, iPad/iPhone) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using this link button:
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share so, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 100 Favorite Free Apps!
We've done our best to only include apps that are permanently free, but sometimes developers do change their minds so please leave a comment if you find an app that's no longer free.
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
3) Toddler/Preschool Flash Cards (they added ads!)
6) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
9) The Lorax
11) Play 123
12) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
15) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
17) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
19) NASA App HD
21) Khan Academy (educations videos for adults and older children)
22) Draw Something (Pictionary online! Older kids only)
23) Math Bingo Games
28) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
30) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
31) PBS Kids Video (all their favorites)
33) Scribble Press (make an book!)
34) Brain Quest (from the people that make those card thingees)
35) Goodnight Safari (baby animals!)
36) ShowMe (virtual whiteboard app)
37) Toca Kitchen Monsters (all kids need Toca Boca)
38) Rocket Speller
39) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
40) Little Finder
41) Lego Duplo Jams
42) Agnitus (math, alphabet, fruits, shapes, colors, counting, animals)
43) Spy Mouse
46) Toontastic (we rated five stars)
47) Touch the Sound
48) Bluster! (McGraw-Hill)
50) Let's Color
51) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
52) Articulation Station (lite version)
53) Monkey Drum
54) BrainPop Featured Movie (No. 1 on our Editor's Choice list)
55) Math Vs. Zombies
58) Sock Puppets
60) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine, brusha! brusha! brusha!)
61) 6-in-1 Children's Games (lite version)
63) iTunes U (go to college on your iOS device)
67) Clockwork Brain (mind-training puzzles)
68) DialSafe Pro (we gave five stars)
70) Screen Chomp (virtual whiteboard)
72) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
73) Google Earth
75) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life)
79) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
81) Astrid & Siri (ebook)
83) Jingle All the Way (Christmas app)
84) Domino's Pizza Hero (U.S. only)
85) How Stuff Works (older kids that have had "the talk" only)
87) Booksy (one of our Top Picks)
89) Mini Mining
90) AppStar Picks
91) JibJab Jr. Books (put the child's face in a book!)
92) IQ Test - Free Edition (older kids and parents only)
96) Pandora Radio (parents need to control)
97) Nova Elements
98) WebMD (for parents and teachers)
99) Christmas Eve