Loud Crow Interactive has bought this classic animation back to life for our kids to enjoy just in time for Halloween and the new app has zoomed all the way up to No. 8 on the U.S. App Store rankings for all paid apps.
Trick or Treat? Treat your kids to this app!
If you'd like to purchase It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! ($4.99, iPad, iPhone) please support Smart Apps For Kids by using our download button below.
Oh, Great Pumpkin! Where are you? This Halloween, hang out with Charlie Brown and the entire Peanuts gang to find out for yourself!
GREAT PUMPKIN TRIVIA: If you're a younger parent and haven't seen "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" before, you most likely have seen it referenced. It has been featured or spoofed in popular TV shows such as The Simpsons, The Jay Leno Show, Conan, NCIS, How I Met Your Mother, Saturday Night Live, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Will & Grace, Robot Chicken, Futurama, Late Show with David Letterman, and Family Guy.
Digitally remastered illustrations are brought to life with the voices, dialog and music from the original 1966 animated TV special. Whether your family sings pumpkin carols and waits in pumpkin patches or you’re introducing It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown to your kids for the first time, everyone will love this magical interactive Halloween classic!
TRIVIA #2 Back in 1966, actress Kathy Steinberg had almost finished recording all her lines of dialog as Sally when the producers received a phone call from Steinberg's mother informing them that one of Kathy's teeth was loose. Fearing that a sudden lisp would ruin the continuity dialogue, the producers rushed the young actress into the studio to finish recording her lines. She lost her tooth the very next day and indeed was left with a lisp and nobody could understand what she was saying.
While Linus and Sally wait for the Great Pumpkin, you can create your own Peanuts character and join Charlie Brown at his first-ever Halloween party! Choose from millions of hilarious costume combinations and dress up to trick-or-treat with Lucy, Pigpen and the rest of the gang. Carve your own pumpkin, play a little ditty on Schroeder’s piano and bob for apples with Snoopy — just watch out for dog germs, blech!
TRIVIA #3 For several years after the original special aired, viewers across America sent candy to Charlie Brown via Schulz's Californian Studio because they sympathised with him for getting rocks in his Halloween bag.
● Choose from over 1 billion creative avatar and costume combinations to create your own Peanuts character
● Go trick-or-treating with Charlie Brown and the gang
● Carve your own pumpkin, bob for apples and play Schroeder’s piano
● Touch and drag objects to make them “spring” to life or tilt to watch them slide and move
● Objects magically pop out of the page to delight little and big kids
● Jump to any page in the book with the handy table of contents bookmark
● Educational features such as word and note highlighting to help improve reading and musical skills
● Hear individual words spoken with the tap of a finger
● Original dialog from the 1966 animated classic
● Captivating narration by Peter Robbins, the original voice of Charlie Brown
● Charming soundtrack featuring music and sound effects from the original holiday special
TRIVIA #4 Some of Kathy Steinberg's words had to be recorded sylabically and spliced together. It's hard for a young child to yell "I demand restitution!" so it was recorded as Res-ti-tu-tion.
Lisa M, who lives in Australia, is questioning her ability to sympathise because it never crossed her mind as a child to send candy to Charlie Brown. Would it be too late to send some now?