It received a bunch of awards as the best-game on the iPad/iPhone AND it's free for a limited time in celebration of selected App of the Week in App Store!
The game is about a little boy named Toku, who is able to control elements of the wind in his quest to release a curse. This is a great one for older kids (7+) or adults and it won't be free for much longer.
If you would like to download LostWinds (FREE for a limited time, iPad and iPhone), please support smartappsforkids.com by using this link:
An innovative, fresh platform-adventure bursting with gameplay ideas - wield the awesome elemental powers of Enril the Wind Spirit, from raging tornados to the subtlest breeze, in a stunningly presented combination of combat, exploration and puzzle solving.
Guide and protect Toku, a young boy and the only one who can help you release the curse placed upon the enchanting world of Mistralis and its people by evil Balasar.
LostWinds is absorbing, beautiful and fun - an essential experience on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Put the power of the Wind at the tips of your fingers today!
"Its blend of beautiful graphics and sound, compelling platforming, challenging puzzles and of course the intuitive one-finger controls, makes it one not to miss." TouchGen
"A wonderful treat, brimming with clever ideas and imaginative sights." PocketGamer
"Drop whatever you are doing and pick this up now, you won't regret it." AppShack
"Buy this, sit down with a cup of coffee in a peaceful house and enjoy the best few hours in gaming, and savour every moment." SmartPhone App Review
TouchGen Editor's Choice "Best Platformer of 2011"
- Power Toku’s jumps and glides through Mistralis’ different regions
- Buffet and smash enemies
- Solve puzzles as you journey to a dramatic showdown
- Richly interactive: Mistralis rewards experimentation and bursts to life with your every action and exploration
- Includes Game Centre integration and Achievements
- The ‘Snapshot’ feature lets you add game characters to your own photos and share with friends
ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Mild Fantasy Violence.
Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB.
Australian Government Classification Board classification: G
We are collecting statistics to help us target further improvements to our iOS games. This version of the game sends a tiny one-off packet of data to Frontier - an anonymous snapshot of what hardware, iOS version and language settings are in use only. No personal information is ever recorded.
The high resolution images featured on this page were taken from iPhone4s and iPad2. The actual image quality this universal app delivers will vary depending on the processing capabilities and screen resolution of the device on which you run the game.
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.We then present them to you to read, download, and share and, based on which ones got the most hits from you, here are your Top 100 Free Apps for Kids! Enjoy!
(Please also see our Top 10 Preschool Apps (staff picks), Top 10 Free Apps for Learning Letters, Deanne's Top 10 Free Apps for ASD Kids, Top 12 Apps for Mom, Editor's Top 10,Reader's Choice Top 10, and Top 10 Addition Apps.)
(** indicates that the app contains in-app purchases/is very closely tied to a purchase or has ads)
1) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
2) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
5) ** Toddler/Preschool Flash Cards (warning! now has ads!)
7) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
8) Little Stars - Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, words)
9) Play 123
13) ** Build a Word Express
15) Little Writer - Tracing Letters, Numbers, Words and Shapes (awesome app)
17) ** Curious George at the Zoo for iPad (now only one area free, the rest in-app)
18) Rover (flash-enabled web browser for kids)
20) Scholastic's Sushi Monster (addition and multiplication)
21) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
22) PBS Kids Video (all their favorites, U.S. only)
23) ** Brain Quest (from the people that make those card thingees)
25) Collins Big Cat Story Creator books (eight apps!)
26) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
27) Toca Kitchen Monsters (all kids need Toca Boca)
28) ** Goodnight Safari (baby animals!)
29) Rocket Speller
30) ** Toontastic (we rated five stars)
31) ** Scribble Press (make an book!)
32) ** Puzzingo
33) Touch the Sound
35) Lego Duplo Jams
36) Little Finder
37) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
40) Bluster! (McGraw-Hill)
41) ** Math Vs. Zombies
42) ** Spy Mouse
44) ** Let's Color (drawings come to life)
45) ** Alphabet Tracing
48) Rocket Math Free (free version of one of our Top Picks)
49) Green ABCs (previously cost $30)
50) Monster Physics Lite (five star app)
51) ** BrainPop Featured Movie (No. 1 on our Editor's Choice list)
52) Story Creator
57) 6-in-1 Children's Games (lite version)
58) ** Sock Puppets
59) ** Monkey Drum (do you need more than a monkey with a drum?)
61) ** MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
64) Lego Duplo Zoo
65) Scooby-Doo Whos Are You? by Hallmark (Zoinks!)
66) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
67) ** Booksy (one of our Top Picks)
69) Tim and Tom
75) Jack and the Beanstalk (modern version of the classic tale)
78) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine, brusha! brusha! brusha!)
82) ** Motion Math - Hungry Fish
84) Adventures of the 7Wonderlicious Girls (girls doing their best, helping others, being brave, learning and feeling good about themselves)
87) JibJab Jr. Books
90) Astrid & Siri
91) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
92) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life, one of our Top Picks)
100) Mini Mining