Animals walk onto the screen for a child to count, match, solve addition and subtraction problems, and much more. Twelve different preschool activities with a variety of animals and scenery are perfect to draw children into this educational app.
If you would like to download Preschool Genius Math Booster Zoo (FREE with in-app purchases), please support Smart Apps for Kids by using our link:
Three of 12 games are free with in-app purchases available behind a parental lock. All games can be purchased for $3.99 or certain sets can be purchased for $1.99 each. The games can also be earned by completing offers through external links.
Preschool Genius Math Booster Zoo covers a range of preschool skills in an engaging way, with realistic animals and scenery. As the user moves around to change the scenery, the animals follow. It's these extra features that make the graphics so engaging. I enjoyed playing with the scenery and seeing the wonderful pictures before I even started completing the actual skills.
Farm animals star in the first four activities. A child can count animals, complete patterns, choose which set has more and find a specific animal. Touch each animal in the picture to have the number said aloud and for the number to appear on that animal. If a child is more advanced and does not need to touch and count, a simple tap on the answer at the top of the screen completes the task. Many of the activities allow two different ways to choose the answer. Counting animals up to ten is the free activity in the app.
The next four games deal with zoo animals. The skills found here are addition, subtraction, missing number and finding pairs of animals. When adding, there are two different types of animals to represent each number. This is a great visual for children. When subtracting, the child actually clicks on the animals one by one to have them run off the screen before counting the remaining animals or before choosing the answer at the top. Little geniuses will enjoy practicing addition in the free app.
Does your child like Fruit Ninja? There is a shape activity that is very similar to it on the third page--slash through the named shape! Another activity tests a child's memory by having animals run into spots and then placing curtains in front of them. The child must click to see if they remember which curtains the animals are behind. This is the activity that a user gets for free with the app. The final activities are a shape identifier and a animal number balance.
The questions are very clear in this app and the feedback is encouraging. If an incorrect answer is chosen, that answer will go away and the child will be asked to try again.
This app really is a great find for preschool aged children. It allows practice for a wide range of skills. The free games will engage a child and will prove the importance of buying the full version. There are three activities free with in-app purchases to open the other nine, and it is all worth the full price. This is definitely a must-have app!
* NO in-game advertisements.
- A variety of animals and environments to play in.
- Fun music & sound effects throughout the games.
- Added fun interacting with the natural objects in the environment.
- Positive encouragement after correct answers & completed puzzles.
- Easy & intuitive interface that doesn’t require instruction.
- Random game play keeps your child engaged.
1. Counting: Click on the farm animals to learn counting one to ten.
2. Who is Missing: These farm animals are lined up in a pattern, but one is missing. Choose the correct animal to watch them run out to complete the pattern.
3. Which Group is Bigger: There are two groups of animals eating grass in the field, which group has more animals?
4. Who Am I: All the farm animals are roaming in the grass, can you pick one by name?
5. Addition: Two sets of our forest animal friends have come out to play. Can you add the two groups together to find the answer.
6. Subtraction: Two sets of animals are in the forest. One set leaves how many are left?
7. Missing Number: These numbers are lined up smallest to largest, but one number is missing. Click on the button with the answer.
8. Animal Match: So many different animals are in the forest, can you match them up two by two?
9. Hide And Seek: Here is something new, our animal friends have gone to hide behind curtains. Can you remember which curtains have animals hidden behind them.
10. Shape Ninja: We have climbed to this mountain peak to hone your shape identifying skills. Swipe the correct shape as they are tossed in the air.
11. What Shape Am I: The shop vendor has several shapes to choose from, can you pick the correct one by name?
12. Balance the Seesaw: Tap the animals to make them jump on or off the seesaw. Can you make it balanced?
Heather S. really loves this app, and the farm animals took her back to growing up in a small country town. Smartappsforkids.com was paid a fee for this sponsored post.