Bottom line: Pacca Alpaca - Travel Playtime is the second app in the series featuring that delightful purple alpaca. This time we take a whirl on Pacca’s magical carousel and have adventures around the world. Multiple games, puzzles, and learning activities help introduce your child to scenes from different countries around the globe.
If you’d like to purchase Pacca Alpaca - Travel Playtime, please use the handy links below so they’ll know who sent you.
No ads, no in-app purchases, no external links
When we open up Pacca Alpaca’s Travel Playtime, the first thing we see is that cute purple alpaca, Pacca, flying across the sky on his magic carousel, much like we saw in the first app in the series, Pacca Alpaca. Once he lands, we find that the carousel has been populated with cards showing multiple scenes from around the world. Each card takes us to a different activity to play in an unknown location. As each activity is completed, we are presented with a flag (and hear the name of) the country that is represented by the card.
There are many different activities to challenge and entertain little players. Among the games and activities provided are:
- Spot the difference – users are presented with four cards that look the same, but one of them is different. Can you pick it out?
- Block building – use the blocks provided to complete historic buildings like Buckingham Palace.
- Seek and find – help Pacca find his missing friends like the smiling otter or the fluffy pink poodle.
- Drawing – there are several drawing activities that range from completing a NASA rocket to filling up a stall in the market in Turkey.
- Connect the dots – draw a line connecting all of the dots to bring a scene to life. It might be the Golden Gate Bridge or it might be the Acropolis, you won’t know until you finish.
- Stickers – you can use stickers to make your own traffic jam on the tower bridge in London or to create your very own pizza that looks good enough to eat.
- and more!
Each of our activities represents a different country. There are supposed to be 23 countries represented in all, but honestly I got wrapped up in trying out all the different activities and didn’t write them down or count them. So I’m going to trust our little alpaca friend that there are indeed 23 different countries. Each country appears to have more than one activity to go with it, and there are 50 activities overall.
Gameplay itself is simple, with all functions working smoothly. Once Pacca lands his carousel, it is obvious that we are meant to choose one of the cards, and from there each activity unfolds predictably without the need for much instruction. It is available in both iOS and Android formats.
Watch Pacca Alpaca - Travel Playtime in action here:
With so many activities available, this app would be great for a long car trip when you need that little something to sooth weary little travelers. My princess enjoyed seeing all of the flags from different countries, and playing the app opened up a long conversation about how many different countries she knew. In this second offering, I’m still finding Pacca delightful. A strong four stars.
Kelli is not sure that she has ever seen an alpaca in person. But one of her horses is scared to death of camels and llamas. Not the same thing, but a fun fact anyway. Smart Apps for Kids was paid a fee to review this app in a priority manner.