Don't miss out on this fantastic new (free) storytelling app from the folks at TechSpaghetti! ToonSpaghetti Story Lab allows your child to help craft a fun story by allowing them to choose music and sound effects to set the mood and tone of a story. This app not only encourages their creative brains, it also helps strengthen their language and vocabulary skills. The first story is completely free, so be sure and give it a whirl!
It's also our newest Top Pick! Check out the review here.
If you’d like to download ToonSpaghetti Story Lab (iPad, free), please use the handy little link below so they'll know who sent you.
No ads or external links, but there are in-app purchases to open up planets/stories
What’s free: The first story
Additional stories cost $1.99 each through in-app purchases or $4.99 for all three
Toon Spaghetti Story Lab opens up the world of storytelling for children by teaching them that they can help direct a story by setting its mood through music and sound effects. It strengthens language skills as it helps build kids' vocabulary. It encourages kids to be as creative as possible.
Story Lab is a story making studio for kids 5+, developed by a teacher in line with the Common Core Curriculum. Kids learn language and literacy through multi-media story creation. It’s fun, creative and educational!
- Solve fun word games and challenges to build descriptive vocabulary.
- Identify moods and add emotional music to bring stories to life.
- Create sound effects and record own voice.
The Story Lab galaxy is filled with fun story planets, each with its own adventure. Visit the spaceship coolification station, make your own sound effects and add crazy modifications to make them even cooler!
Common Core learning features
- Build descriptive adjectives and adverbs
- Learn more advanced verbs
- Interpret moods and emotions
- Read along with story narration
- Understand story structure
- Create engaging audio recordings of stories
Music and Arts learning features
- Break creative processes into logical steps
- Learn basic editing studio functionality
- Understand how to use music purposefully to enhance moods
- Create soundscapes
- Learn how media is combined to engage an audience
- Exciting story planets and adventures
- Massive library of awesome music
- Voice and sound effect recording
- Coolify sound effects with audio modifications
- Get a finished animated story to show to friends and family
Appropriate for kids aged 4+
- Parental gate
- No third party advertising or social media links
- Fun and intuitive play
Kelli is currently looking out her back window at the horses grazing in the pasture. It's a good day. Smart Apps for Kid was paid a fee for this post.