Bottom line: My Town: Fire Station Rescue is the latest app from the folks at My Town Games LTD. Your child can play the game as a fireman or a paramedic; they can drive a fire truck or fly a rescue helicopter. After the mission, they can relax in the firehouse rec room. It's all in a day's work at the fire station!
If you’d like to purchase My Town: Fire Station Rescue ($2.99, iPad/iPhone), please use the handy little links we’ve prepared for you.
No ads, no in-app purchases, external links to developer’s other apps
Most kids I know, at some point in their childhood, entertain dreams of being a firefighter when they grow up. Let your child explore the world of first responders with My Town: Fire Station Rescue. Kids can play the game as firefighters, paramedics, or doctors (they can even play from the patient's perspective if they want). Whether going on rescue missions or hanging out at the firehouse, the fun is unlimited.
My Town: Fire Station Rescue is a welcome addition to the My Town collection. The mechanics are the same, but this time the virtual dollhouse is in a firehouse setting. We have the normal wide variety of characters available to staff the firehouse to make sure all of the jobs get done. As characters are moved from scene to scene they do keep their uniforms on, so your firefighters just might be playing ping-pong in their full fire suits if you don't stop to change their clothes.
- Mission Control - where all of the emergency crews are dispatched from.
- Residence Area - where first responders can have their meals and grab a few winks.
- Locker room - where they can freshen up after a rescue mission.
- Rec Room - work out or play hard in your down time.
- Garage Area - get the firetruck or ambulance ready to go.
- Multiple Rescue Sites - save the day on rescue missions!
Watch this app in action here:
- I was excited to see what I considered to be a fresh experience for the My Town world. My daughter really enjoyed playing as a "rescue hero" and expressed her pleasure at the app being different than the others in our collection.
- As always, I love stress-free, free play apps that encourage children to use their imaginations.
- This particular My Town app had a more well-rounded feel to me, with more thought being put into the details.
- There is one technical complaint that I have (and it exists in all of the My Town apps). On each screen there is what appears to be a back arrow in the top left corner. It's not a back arrow, it takes you all the way out to the home screen. I can't tell you how many times I've tapped it and been booted all the way out. It would be nice if it were a little home icon instead.
- As with previous My Town apps I have used, I still had difficulty making things "stick" sometimes. Particularly in this app, I had trouble getting people to grab things. You have to be very precise.
Overall, My Town: Fire Station Rescue is a welcome addition to the My Town collection. I felt like this app felt more fresh and unique (with greater thought to detail )than some of the more recent ones, and I have to say that I think it's currently the #1 My Town app at my house. For that, I'm going to give My Town: Fire Station Rescue a 4.5 Star Rating.
Just when Kelli was looking forward to Spring, Spring sprung the flu on her household. Smart Apps for Kids was paid a fee to review this app in a priority manner.