Bottom line: Pepi Super Store is the latest offering from the fine folks at Pepi Play. It offers your child a fun, free-play experience full of activity and unique characters as only the folks at Pepi Play can.
If you'd like to purchase Pepi Super Store ($2.99), please use the link provided so they'll know who sent you.
This app has no ads, no in-app purchases and parent-protected external links to the app store and social media.
Watch Ellie bring this app to life here:
Pepi Super Stores puts a huge world of virtual shopping fun all together in one place. Your youngster can explore and play to their heart's content in Pepi's massive multi-level store. Whether it's grocery shopping or creating a wardrobe, they won't have to go far to get things done.
This app has many areas of play, including:
- Grocery Store - Shop for all of your grocery needs. Put ingredients in a magic machine that turns them into finished goods.
- Hair & Beauty Salon - Get your hair done and purchase accessories for all of your new outfits.
- Clothing Boutique - Create your own eclectic wardrobe!
- Sporting Goods Store - Find the equipment you need for your sport of choice.
- Music Shop - Rock out with a variety of musical instruments!
- Food Court - Shopping sure makes you hungry. You can eat anything from burgers to pizza at the food court.
The mechanics of Pepi Super Store are simple. Choose any of the many unique characters that you want to play with. Simply move them to the scenes that you want to visit and explore at will. Each scene has seemingly unlimited interactive elements to discover, and they are all easy to use.
Each area gives your child opportunity to explore and play in a stress-free environment. Your child can take the already unique characters and make them even more so with new clothes and hairstyles. The only limit is your child's imagination.
What I like:
- Tons of activity. Your child will be able to play over and over and still discover new things each time.
- Pepi sets itself apart from the other virtual playworld apps on the market with their truly unique characters. Where else are you going to find a regular grandpa alongside a robot and a blue unicorn alien?
- I did have a few technical glitches wit things like clothing items fitting a little wonky. These kind of things often get worked out as the developer does updates, so I'm not too tied up in knots about it yet.
- I wish that the vending machines and other items required money. An option to really pay and learn about money would be a great addition.
Overall, this app is right on par with some of the better virtual play apps on the market. It does have the added bonus of the unique characters, and the price tag is competitive. I'm going to give it a 4.5 star rating.
Kelli prefers to do all of her shopping virtually. Smart Apps for Kids was paid a fee to review this app in a priority manner.